Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
We are committed to providing exceptional care to women during and after pregnancy. We believe pregnancy, childbirth, and parenthood are life changing experiences. We strive to empower women as they go through these times so they can make informed choices that best meet their personal needs and the needs of their family. Our mission is to help women have the birth they would like to have. For some women, this means epidural anesthesia and for some women this means natural child birth. We are here to educate about options before labor, and during labor we will help to make sure your needs are met to the best of our ability. We believe labor progresses more smoothly if we just allow things to happen naturally, while maintaining the health and safety of baby and mom.
Collectively, we have had natural childbirth. We have had waterbirths. We have had cesareans. We have breast fed our babies. We have experienced postpartum depression. We have had pregnancy complications. We know what it is like to walk through pregnancy, childbirth, and parenthood. While each woman experiences these things differently, we care for you with the empathy that comes from being mothers, the compassion that comes from being human, and the skill that comes from being trained obstetrical/midwifery providers.
- Individualized antenatal care according to nationally accepted guidelines for physicians and midwives
- Nutritional counseling
- Movement and exercise counseling
- Hydrotherapy and water births
- Labor support
- Integrative medicine approaches such as chiropractic, massage, acupuncture
- Non-invasive alternatives in labor
- Postpartum support, including Lactation counseling by our own Kristen Werner
- Additional Lactation services with Sally MacFadyen and the Fourth Trimester