Jennie Lowell, MD
Jennie grew up in Malone, New York. She lives in Burlington with her high school sweetheart and husband Derek, and three children, Baxter, Paige, and Emmett. She is a self described midwife in doctor’s clothing. She believes in natural childbirth and believes supporting women in labor makes a difference in outcomes. She also believes that providing women with options, whether it be for management of heavy vaginal bleeding, birth control, or other issues, is important so they can make the best decision for themselves. Areas of interest include infertility, and contraceptive management. When she isn’t working, she is an avid runner, skier, and baker. Jennie joined Maitri in July of 2004 and became a full partner in 2006.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies with a concentration in Women’s Studies, Cornell University, 1996
- Medical Doctor, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, 2000
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, UVM/Fletcher Allen Health Care Residency, 2004
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2005
- Fellow American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology